Over the Rainbow Mac & Cheese
I discovered this delicious gem on Pinterest last year. I’ve altered the recipe numerous times depending on what kind of cheese combinations sound great at the moment. Personal faves: Gouda, Muenster, and Ricotta. I used sharp cheddar (white & yellow) and Monterrey Jack cheese for the mac ‘n cheese in the pictures included with this recipe.
1 Tbs. Vegetable Oil
1 Lb. Macaroni
1 Stick of Butter
4 Cups of Shredded Cheese
2 Cups of Half-in-Half
2 Eggs (Slightly Beaten)
Crushed Potato Chips for Topping (Optional)
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
1. Boil macaroni, set aside.
2. Combine shredded cheese, slightly beaten eggs, and half-in-half in a bowl.
3. Melt one stick of butter, stir in cooked macaroni.
4. Add cheese, egg, and creamer mixture.
5. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and crushed-up potato chips.
6. Bake 35-40 minutes.